If you want to add syntax coloration for your Progress 4GL ABL programs into the excellent Sublime Text editor, I made a package that adds Progress 4GL ABL support.
The project is now hosted on GitHub : http://gabsoftware.github.io/progress-abl-4gl-sublime-text/.
- Close Sublime Text editor if it was opened
- Download this package
- Put it in the following directory:
%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages
- Restart Sublime Text editor.
You should now have Progress ABL support enabled in Sublime Text editor! If your program is still recognized like a plain text file, go to View > Syntax > Open All With Current Extension As… > OpenEdge ABL.
This package recognizes most ABL keywords, and also adds a lot of useful shortcuts such as dvch that expands into:
DEFINE VARIABLE ch_something AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.
You can modify this package very easily :
- Extract its content (it’s a renamed zip archive)
- Edit whatever you need.
- Re-zip it and rename it to the original package name.
- Close Sublime Text if it was running.
- Replace the original package with the new one in the Installed Packages folder
- Delete the OpenEdge ABL directory located in
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Cache
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Cache
- Restart Sublime Text.