Most of GabSoftware products are free and you are not required to pay anything. However, I, Gabriel Hautclocq, developer of all the GabSoftware products, spent a lot of time and energy creating all those products, and always on my spare time. As with any activity you do on your spare time, there are some lows and highs in motivation. Receiving a donation, even a small one, is very motivating and rewarding for me. If you like a product and want its development to be continued, please make a donation!
What will you do with my donation?
- It will be used to pay the hosting of this website first. It’s 35€ per 6 months.
- Then, if I got enough, I will use it to pay the hosting of my other websites. It’s about 180€ per year.
- Then the rest will be used by myself.
How to show your support
There are several ways to show your support:
- You can make a donation. If you decide to donate, well, thousands thanks! That is the greatest reward for us!
- You can give your suggestions and report issues
- You can tell others about us, write articles…
If you decide to make a donation, just use the “Donate” button in the top-right corner of the screen and follow the instructions. We do not use Paypal, do not plan to, and do not recommend them for any project since we had some issues with them (see the FAQ if you want to know why). At the moment we only use Flattr.
After your donation is made, please contact us and tell us your name if you want to appear on the donator list.
We will try to keep updated the list of donators in the section below (if you prefer to be anonymous, you will be referred as “anonymous”).
- Billy Willoughby was the first to contribute. Many thanks to him!
- Nancy Harkey (many thanks!)
- Opulentia (opulentia.ch, thanks!)
- Dr. Houston David Hughes (thanks !)
- Christy Chauvin (thank you!)
- Matt Mikka (thanks !)
- Michael Schäfer (http://www.machit.de/, thank you very much!)
- Be the next one!
Q: Can you work on a specific product if I pay you?
A: Sure! Just contact us and we’ll find an agreement.
Q: Why don’t you use Paypal?
A: We do NOT use paypal, do NOT like Paypal and will NOT use Paypal anymore for anything. This is a definitive vow. Paypal froze our account since may 2010 without any explanation and all the tentatives to restore the account failed, although we had a verified Paypal account (verified credit cards and verified bank accounts). Paypal is arguing that the PDF files I send to them appear “blank” (how on Earth could this be possible? PDF files? Seriously?). They’re acting with bad faith. There is no dialogue possible with them, as I am not living in the same country as when I opened the account. We are not alone in this situation and it could happen to you also, anytime. Do not keep large amounts of money in your Paypal account, they can froze it up to 6 months before you can even take it back.
Several open-source organizations suffer from Paypal. See for example the case of the famous TortoiseSVN, the most used SVN client on Windows: http://tortoisesvn.net/howpaypalscrewsopensourceprojects.html (same problem as us, but they’re more famous so problem is solved…).
Q: Do you accept Bitcoins?
A: Yes, here is our donation address: