Users of the much appreciated Counterize plugin for WordPress will be pleased to hear that the next version will be released pretty soon. It’s been several months without the plugin being updated, because of a lack of free time. Still, a considerable amount of work has been done for the next version.
Version 3.1.0 of Counterize is a first step of the modernization of the plugin. So far, here are the release notes since version 3.0.33:
- Counterize has been splitted into several plugins, so that you can enable/disable what you want, and also create your own plugin easily.
- Outlinks and exit pages tracking
- Added a [[counterize]] shortcode
- Added email reports
- Added a Counterize button in the Visual editor to easily insert the [[counterize]] shortcode
- Added possibility to use the wildcard characters % and _ in the filters of the History page
- Added the LIKE and NOT LIKE filters on the History page
- Added a debug check-box to see the generated SQL query in the History page
- Added a date filter in the History page
- Added help sections using the new WP_Screen API
- Vertical diagrams bars will reflect the actual percentage better and use the available space in their cells
- Fixed the counterize_current_post_hits() function, with many thanks to Subhash and terrah
- Added a lot of actions and filters that you can hook into
- Improved the required capability dropdown list-item and added roles inside (roles are easier to understand than capabilities…)
- Now use pure CSS to display the diagram bars, no more images, for faster loading time and less server requests
- Counterize will load the file user_botlist.txt if it exists. Users can create this file and put their bots inside, so that it is not overwritten after an update
- Updated IP to Country database
- Optimization of the counterize_delete_bots() and counterize_delete_broken_entries() functions
- Added some indexes to speed up things, especially on counterize_referers.keywordID during execution of the function counterize_delete_broken_entries()
- Added the following countries: Ascension Island, Åland Islands, Saint Barthélemy, “Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba”, Bouvet Island, Clipperton Island, Curaçao, Chrismas Island, Diego Garcia, Ceuta and Melilla, Western Sahara, Guernsey, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Canary Islands, Isle of Man, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Saint Martin (French part), Montserrat, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Pitcairn, “Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha”, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, South Sudan, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands, East Timor, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Grenada, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Zaire
- Modified the following countries: Libya, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (US)
Our website is already running the new version, and if no problems occur, it should be released next week. Thank you for your interest in Counterize, and for your patience!