If you installed Windows Vista, Windows Seven or newer, you probably already noticed that Microsoft removed the blinking icon which provided informations about the network interfaces traffic and connectivity in the notification area. The new icon does not give you any information about incoming and outgoing traffic activity, and now only give you the choice to open the Network and Sharing Center and to resolve connectivity problems, no direct access to the network interfaces of your computer is provided anymore. This is a notable regression in functionality, if you come from the 2000/XP world.
GabNetStats is a small utility that adds the blinking network icon back in the notification area of your Windows Vista or Windows Seven operating system. It looks like exactly the same as the XP icon and is blinking when some traffic activity occurs. Here is a more complete features list of GabNetStats :
- Configurable blinking icon for a quick overview of network traffic activity
- Direct access to the network interface controllers (NIC) and to the Network Connections window, no need to pass through the Network and Sharing Center anymore
- Quick view of which network interface is up and connected or not, as well as its maximum speed; if connected, the IP address and the current speed will be displayed
- Simple network traffic statistics when left-clicking on the icon
- Advanced network statistics when clicking on the “advanced” button
- IPv4 and IPv6 protocols statistics
- Per interface statistics
- Global statistics
- TCP & UDP statistics
- TCP & UDP connections and listeners
- ICMP statistics
- Statistics are updated in real-time, using the same time interval as for the blinking icon
- Overview of the advanced statistics window :
- Low system resources consumption
- No installation required. Just run the executable !
- Last but not least, GabNetStats is FREE for personal use ! (*)
If you miss these functionalities in your Windows Vista/Seven operating system, then this utility is a must-have !
- Windows XP, Vista, Seven or newer Microsoft operating system
- x86 and x64 platforms are supported
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or newer is required to run GabNetStats
- About 30 MB of free RAM
- About 1 MB on a storage device
Do not wait any longer, download GabNetStats.
(*) : This product is free for personal use. Corporate use is however subject to restrictions. For corporate use, please contact us.